AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie here. Great Forum. This forum has talked me into getting a Energy 5.2 speaker system and a Denon 1601 Receiver. I'm debating between getting a Panasonic rp56 (for my HDTV someday but not yet), and a multiple dvd player (because I'm lazy). Are there any quality 5 disc, 7 disc, or 100 disc players out there? I see no mention of them here anywhere. I'm thinking of waiting for the killer dvd player when I get the HDTV upgrade another year down the road when technology will be better/cheaper and going with a decent multi disc now. Any thoughts? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
The Kenwood Sovereign 403 DVD changer is considered one of the best quality commercial models out there, in terms of image and sound. It is upwards of $1000 when found at a discount. Hope this answers your question.

Cheers,

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Brett. Maybe I forgot to say quality multidisc players UNDER $300? (yeah, everybody wants everything for nothing).. I see there are plenty of quality single player for little cash such as the panasonic rp56. There must be a quality multi. I can't find reviews of them either.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
I was in your situation just a little while ago. I decided to go with the RP-56 for now. I plan on getting a nice, multi-disk player when they come out with an "issue-free" version, which I expect to happen this fall. I am also hoping they'll add eiter DVD-A or SACD to whichever model I buy. The RP-56 will go into the bedroom when I get the new player.

PS By issue-free I mean not chroma issues, and it passes the torture test at the Secrets site. Since you are new, take a look at the this site:
http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volum...on-9-2000.html

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks tweakophyte. This forum has been an amazing education for me. I finally bought my player, receiver, speaker system. Now I just need to cable my speakers together with some of my antenna wire in the garage!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.