AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have an older Sharp Aquos connected to a Tivo Roamio Pro. We have been using the internal speakers of the Aquos. However. more and more we have trouble with movies.

It seems that some sources (Netflix, Amazon, Cable) don't consistently present a simple stereo mix with the center channel properly included. As such the dialogue drops in level. We turn up the volume only to be blasted when some effect or music sequence happens.

Would adding a sound bar solve this problem? We could feed the sound bar from the optical out of the Tivo unit. or from HDMI out, passing it through to the Aquos.

We really don't have much interest in a full surround setup, but we really want to have better management of volume.

Many thanks,

Michael

·
Registered
1 Posts
One thing to verify is that the audio source is set to 2 channel. I suspect that if the audio source is coming through as 5.1 or 7.1, that it may be interpreting your television speakers as front left and rights.

If that's not the case, your ears would appreciate a good surround set-up :)

·
Banned
2,765 Posts
I am getting rid of my 2 high end Martin Logan sound bars at a price that is a steal. I have them posted in the classifieds section take a look.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts