1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
957 Posts
If you have a Mitsubishi HDTV you can use a breakout cable rather than the transcoder. From what Mits says in the manual, if you have a choice use the component inputs as you are now. High quality cables will help you either way from what I have seen posted here. I used a breakout cable on my DTC-100 and it worked fine. Now I am using a Mits SR-HD5 with component output and the picture is great.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I am using a Belkin VGA to RGB-HV breakout cable from my DTC-100 to my Mits 55819. I got my cable from American TV in Madison, WI when I bought the open-box DTC-100. They sort of threw it in with the deal, but my understanding is that they cost about $70. The BNC to RCA adapters come with the cable. It works great for me, and the only way I can judge is that the PQ simply couldn't be any better on HDNet. At first I wondered "would I be better off with a transcoder?" After I got DirecTV installed and could watch HDNet, I guess my conclusion was that my cable setup was doing the job. Is the break-out cable better than a transcoder? I really don't know.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,683 Posts
Less is more.

Meaning, if your HDTV Monitor can accept RGBHV, and you are using the DTC-100, go with the breakout cable for RGBHV, as opposed to the additional processing that occurs with a component video transcoder.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.