AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently have a chance to buy an ampro 2000 in good shape, but i'm new to crt projectors, any idea?

btw the price is about $655.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I believe the Ampro 2000 is 7" ES. I would imagine it's similar to an ECP in performance. which is good but not great. $650 is about what you would expect to pay from a dealer with warranty. In fact $650 is even a little high from a dealer. If it is like new with perfect tubes and comes with a warranty than it might be worth it to you. If it's a private seller. then $650 is way over prices IMO. You could get similar projectors for a lot less. I would offer $250-$300.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I just bought one a couple of months ago for $300 but I had to replace the green tube. Otherwise, it's a nice projector that can make a very good image if it is properly set-up.

·
Registered
387 Posts
There is a reseller who frequents this area quite often who has one for less than this. Like Dave-Roth said, this price is way too high if it's a private seller.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's from a dealer. He promised that if I dont like it, it's free to return within 3 days and he said he has plenty parts for replacement.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by idler001
It's from a dealer. He promised that if I dont like it, it's free to return within 3 days and he said he has plenty parts for replacement.
It's your call then. Still, I would make him a counter offer. $650 is high..

Keep in mind 3 days is hardly enough time for a newbie to see what the projector is capable of. Also keep in mind If you are not within driving distance, you will lose your initial shipping plus the return shipping which is a big chunk.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I know there's at least one dealer who posts on these forums that sells 2000's at that price with a life time warrantee (I've never determined who's or what's life is used as a reference, but it's still going for me almost 2 years later and the response time is good).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.