AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a small covid project going on.
I’m making speaker boxes from some repurposed in wall micca speakers.
I don’t want to do any soldering as I don’t want to put any more money in the project.
I have a crossover that has integrated binding posts on the board. A solution I’ve come up with is to mount the board on the outside of the box, this will solve all my problems.

The question I need answering: is it unsafe to have the crossover exposed?

The speaker will go into an old hifi cabinet so no hands can get to it very easily.
Thanks for any advice!

·
Registered
829 Posts
It's fine.

Have fun with your project and post pics! Not everything has to be quad 24" horn loaded diesel powered subs. ;)

Chris
..... BUT I like diesel subs....:(:(:(

Juju

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
It's fine.

Have fun with your project and post pics! Not everything has to be quad 24" horn loaded diesel powered subs. /forum/images/smilies/wink.gif

Chris
Thanks Chris, appreciate it! Here are a couple of pics so far. Really enjoying it, I see diesel subs in my future! 20200430_080601_1588248641343.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
11,543 Posts
It's fine having exposed crossovers, as long as children can't get near it.
Pets are mostly roadkill, so that's up to you...

Just don't splash liquid on it or stick parts of your body in between the components when it's powered on at high SPL.

Most speakers aren't going to see much over 30VAC, so I think you'll be "pretty safe" even if you DID decide to lick it for some unknown reason. :p

Phrased in a different way:
"Two things are potentially infinitesimal: the Planck unit and human intelligence; and I'm not certain about the dimension..."
-BTH 2020 :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts