AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Probably a rebadged LG sold at Sears and Kmart. You can probably get a Panasonic or Samsung (or a LG) for about the same money.

I'm old enough to remember when the Zenith name was king. Zenith handcrafted color TVs with the slogan "Quality goes in before the name goes on". Those days are long gone and I wish they would let the great old brand names just rest in peace.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Zenith = you get what you pay for (a broken set)

The one exception is that it can depend on the source for their sets. I believe some are just rebadged OEM's of the big names, but figure on support that's 10x worse than however bad the big name equivalent would be... that is, nonexistent.

·
Registered
39 Posts
No recent experience with Zenith, but Zenith CRT TV sets built in the 90s were horrible! I would stay well away from that brand.

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
The one at Sears is an LG, has the same remote and menu graphics as the LG model. Until we ran out of 'em you could get a Panny X1 or Samsung 450 for not a lot more and have a much better set. The Zenith was indeed a "Black Friday Special." Of the ones we've sold about half have been returned.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I seen one at Sears too and I personally was not impressed at all. The 42 inch version I saw had a horrible case of screen door effect. In terms of over-all image quality, I was much more impressed by Panasonic and Samsung.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts