AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't believe I am thinking about this again. Especially after having owned the Mits and selling it.

What I need to know is has anyone had success with recording tapes on the Mits deck that will playback fine on a JVC (that is, when the JVC isn't broken)? I had a Mits deck and sold it because recordings made with it using MyHD or D-VHStool were problematic on both the JVC deck and the MyHD card. Perhaps it was an issue with the deck...I just can't say for sure.

But right now I am about fed up with this JVC deck and am seriously considering dumping D-Theater altogether. That's right, all 15 D-Theater tapes out the door along with this deck that can't seem to get from one day to the next without crapping out. I also would let go of a very nice Extron CVC 200 transcoder that I just bought specifically for D-Theater. Talk about throwing good money after bad.

I already know that tapes recorded on the JVC will play fine on the Mits. That part was proven when I had the Mits deck here and watched three or four movies recorded on the JVC. But I can't bring myself to have two decks in my setup. I am upgrading projectors right now and need to pinch a few pennies.

As it stands right now I could give a rat's a** about D-Theater. I need good recording and playback for HBO and SHO since that represents about 75% of all the HD material I have and that is the most important thing to me. The recordings have to be good.

I can go get a brand new Mits today.

Your comments please.

--Jerome

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Jerome, I have playing phone tag with Marek. He supposedly is talking to Engineering now. Will let ya know.

dave

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dave,

I just got off the phone with him. I just don't know if I can stomach all this back and forth business.

--Jerome

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Wait till you guys find out what's been going on with me. I'll post a big one later in the week about it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.