AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been waiting months for LG to fix their ****ty CX firmware so using a shArc + AVR doesn't cause every HDMI to glitch out and go black until factory reset. I saw someone on reddit claiming using a switch instead of plugging the AVR into the TV works. It's supposedly a CEC loop bug but I've tried disabling that junk on everything and it still happens now and then.

·
Administrator
20,477 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a 4 month old post. Excuse the hell out of me for asking again. You'd think someone would be making one by now.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, how bout a good 2.0 switch without auto switching (or that you can disable auto switching)? I keep seeing negative reviews about those being buggy for people who keep everything powered on.

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
When you consider that there are no HDMI 2.1 certification tests made yet (it's why Yamaha quotes it as forthcoming - they won't let it through until they certify it), it probably will be at least another 6 months before you will find switchers or splitters or other devices. Heck, there's a reason why everyone is using a faulty chipset - there aren't many on the market.

·
Registered
23 Posts
That's a 4 month old post. Excuse the hell out of me for asking again. You'd think someone would be making one by now.
I feel your pain, especially since I just bought a new AVR 3 months ago. It's absolutely ridiculous that there is no way to hook up an Xbox Series X so that you get the full video capability while getting the audio quality of a blu-ray player from 2008. This is insane.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts