AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all... I have a pretty simple question. I have a Barco 801S and a 92" 16:9 screen. Video is setup DVD to HK Receiver to IScan to PJ via VGA. Is there anyway I can use either of these systems to their full potential on my Barco?

Basically I am wondering if anyone has had any success running sports games or racing games on an "HDTV" formatted screen. And if so, how did you do it? Straight into the PJ? Input via the receiver and let it line double in the IScan? Do I need any special componants for the XboX of PS2?

Thanks for any help...

Anthony

·
Registered
594 Posts
Hello Anthony,

I also have a 92" 16X9 screen. I am using an X-Box with mine with a key digital component to RGB transcoder. The X-box outputs 480P with all games and some of them are even 16X9 so I don't use a line doubler at all with my X-Box.

I play nascar heat on my 16X9 screen at 480P with DD 5.1 sound it is awesome.

Kevin C. :)

·
Registered
946 Posts
Anthony-

The hi-def pack only allows for component video connections, it doesn't support 15-pin VGA. I believe the device Kevin uses is about the least costly at this point, which is kind of ridiculous since you could buy an excellent VGA out for the Dreamcast for $20.

Jay

·
Banned
959 Posts
If the signal is always progressive, Does that mean you can't input the component signal intoa scaler such as the rock, leeza,faroudja? What about the ps2? I use a vga adapter on my dreamcast and some of the games are incredible. At $50 with backup games readily available for free, this is an incredible gaming value. Everyone should get one just for the driving games.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.