AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,116 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevetd  /t/1524070/is-anyone-streaming-fox-sports1-in-hd-preferably-successfully#post_24522614

Something simple and not Chromecast. I'm just not having any luck with the Chromecast.

I’m trying to “cut the cord” and that’s the last snag.
What is your definition of HD?

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
What bitrate is hd to you? 720p just defines how many lines of display there are, not the rate of display of the lines. 48Mbps is Blu-ray, 19.2Mbps is broadcast HDTV, 9Mbps is DVD, 5Mbps is Netflix HD

·
Premium Member
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlknez  /t/1524070/is-anyone-streaming-fox-sports1-in-hd-preferably-successfully#post_24528381

What bitrate is hd to you? 720p just defines how many lines of display there are, not the rate of display of the lines. 48Mbps is Blu-ray, 19.2Mbps is broadcast HDTV, 9Mbps is DVD, 5Mbps is Netflix HD

Gotcha. In that case I would say 5-10Mbps. Thanks for clarifying that because it's actually the most important aspect. At my house there is often more than one display at a time streaming video. We stream Blu-ray from a NAS and use Netfilix, Amazon and Hulu+ services. On top of that I have 8 Hi-rez security cameras recording to a NAS 24/7. I have a Gigabit network but, my house is wired Cat5e.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.