AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to know if anyone is using the Panasonic PV-HD1000 with a MyHD card with success. How about using D-VHS tool to record? Will tapes made on this setup (for those who have tried it) playback well on a JVC 30K.

As you might have guessed I've about had it with the JVC. I don't think the Mits is a good option in my setup since I owned one for a month and could never make good recordings.

Comments please.

--Jerome

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I've used a PV-HD1000 with MyHD a couple of times just to try it out. It seemed to work ok for playback. I don't remember if I tried recording directly to DVHS. I had problems with DVHSTool but that was a while ago and I'm sure it's been improved.

Mark

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
I would like to know about this as well. Anyone???

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
I use this combination and it works.

There are occasional problems however.

Sometimes there is no picture and sound when playing a tape and I have to exit and restart MyHD to get it to work.

I have made about a dozen recordings or so and for the most part, they play via my JVC 30000.

I only use SVHS tape.

Frank

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Interesting. So do tapes that were recorded using MyHD and the Panny play OK on the JVC and vice versa?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Frank:

Can you explain the procedure used to configure Windows XP/MyHD for the Panny d-vhs, and the procedure used to record HD programs. Are manual and timer recordings possible?

Steve

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by steve
Frank:

Can you explain the procedure used to configure Windows XP/MyHD for the Panny d-vhs, and the procedure used to record HD programs. Are manual and timer recordings possible?

Steve
It's easy.

When you plug the Panasonic into the firewire interface of the computer, XP recognizes it and installs the software automatically.

Recording is selected in the configuration menu. Just select 'Record to tape'.

Both manual and timed recording works

How easy is that? :)

Frank

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.