AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I'm looking to buy a mvix mx-760hd as it seems to be the best option out of all of these new devices. The only thing that's stopped me ordering one is the DUEPLE350D. I don't want this device, but it does take DVD's in the front as well as house a 3.5" hdd.

Is there anything on the horizon that anyone's heard of that has all the great features of the mx-760hd and can accept commercial dvd's?

Oh, and can anyone recommend a UK retailer for these devices? I found kjglobal sells them at very reasonable prices, but have no experience of what they're like.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Why don't you help me in order to build with our suggests a better DUEPLE 350D?

i'm looking for alliances.

I saw the mx-760hd and the only difference exclused DVD Player is wireless, but HD and wireless are so far (i tried a lot of years and if you want i talk about my experience in this topic) and if you become DUEPLE fan we are stronger.

It is only my requirement but i would like

Cheers

Walter

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the wireless feature is even more important to me especially as mvix are talking about adding NAS in their next firmware. I also like the look of the mini LCD on the front of the mvix and have heard very little bad about the device.

·
Registered
63 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregsmith /forum/post/0

Hi there,

Is there anything on the horizon that anyone's heard of that has all the great features of the mx-760hd and can accept commercial dvd's?

I'm personally getting a TVIX M4000P, without DVD, but I have no personal experience with any of them.

Wireless strikes me as a liability as much as a benefit-- many streaming formats seem to work erratically over wireless, and this includes the 760HD. It happens that I am setting mine up wirelessly, but by using an external wireless bridge-- a number of wireless gizmos can bridge to an existing wireless network. This has the benefit of being upgradable, and might be extended to other devices in proximity to your media player. But I don't have high expectations of how well streaming from a PC will work, so I plan to copy things to the hard disk.

Most of the DVD players listed in this forum will host a USB drive, so you ought to be able to get one of these to fill your requirements if you aren't facing a space constraint. I also liked the look of the 760HD LCD, but so few people have talked about it. It makes me wonder how useful the information it displays really is. I guess it shows the current track, but people haven't gushed that it is possible to navigate by the LCD alone.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have DUEPLE 350D

Before i used a lot of wireless media player

i stopped this experience when with antenna of 8dbi support i could trasmit only mp3 and avi files and i speak of 8dbi, normally it is a miracle if the antenna included in the media player arrives to 5dbi

I could not trasmit vob/mpg files 570p, and not HD(720p or 1080i or 1080P) .

DUEPLE 350D is young solution is true, but with a big chip and is "all in one".

Regarding the support and at now they seem efficient. i comunicate with them in any way(skype,messenger,email) and they are available and for me that is another good point.

It is only my opinion but an opinion lived with the facts and not with the rumors.

King regards

Walter

·
Registered
35 Posts

Quote:

Oh, and can anyone recommend a UK retailer for these devices? I found kjglobal sells them at very reasonable prices, but have no experience of what they're like.

Fwiw KJglobal have always responded pretty promptly to any emails that I've sent them. Other people on other sites don't seem to have had any probs. I'm trying to decide between the tvix and the mvix.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnat /forum/post/0

I'm personally getting a TVIX M4000P, without DVD, but I have no personal experience with any of them.

Wireless strikes me as a liability as much as a benefit-- many streaming formats seem to work erratically over wireless, and this includes the 760HD. It happens that I am setting mine up wirelessly, but by using an external wireless bridge-- a number of wireless gizmos can bridge to an existing wireless network. This has the benefit of being upgradable, and might be extended to other devices in proximity to your media player. But I don't have high expectations of how well streaming from a PC will work, so I plan to copy things to the hard disk.

Most of the DVD players listed in this forum will host a USB drive, so you ought to be able to get one of these to fill your requirements if you aren't facing a space constraint. I also liked the look of the 760HD LCD, but so few people have talked about it. It makes me wonder how useful the information it displays really is. I guess it shows the current track, but people haven't gushed that it is possible to navigate by the LCD alone.

thanks for the replies.

I never really expected the streaming to be very good. I'm mostly after wireless to copy files across the network from my PC to the device so I don't keep having to move it it to the nearest usb port. When NAS is added to the firmware, the 760hd will be capable of this.

I want the DVD drive moreso if it will be able to benefit from upconversion to HD, although I'm not sure that the sigma chipset is capable of this.

I have high expectations for some great modifications of these devices to come up over the next few months. The mx-760hd (and I assume most of the others) are running a cut back linux after all, so the possibilities should be plentiful. I want to see a web browser added, and some kind of torrent p2p app. Maybe even recording to the HDD from a USB source. Will have to wait and see what comes up!

·
Registered
332 Posts

Quote:

Hi there,

I'm looking to buy a mvix mx-760hd as it seems to be the best option out of all of these new devices. The only thing that's stopped me ordering one is the DUEPLE350D. I don't want this device, but it does take DVD's in the front as well as house a 3.5" hdd.

Might no be a pretty solution, but the mvix docs imply that you can hang an external USB DVD drive off of it. Yet another thing I want to try on my 760...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squished Squirre /forum/post/0

Might no be a pretty solution, but the mvix docs imply that you can hang an external USB DVD drive off of it. Yet another thing I want to try on my 760...

Nice one, that's actually a very good point! I'll have a look around for some possible ones (smaller and quieter the better!). Any idea if it can benefit from dvd upscaling at all?

·
Registered
332 Posts

Quote:

Nice one, that's actually a very good point! I'll have a look around for some possible ones (smaller and quieter the better!). Any idea if it can benefit from dvd upscaling at all?

I'm sure it would upscale. How well, I can't say. I'm still stumbling around the office trying to find a USB DVD drive to try. All my drives are firewire. I wouldn't buy one until someone has verified that it will do it, and properly handle the region coding and decryption. I've run into an issue with RCE protected VIDEO_TS folders with the 760 that make me wonder if they properly support region coding, and RCE discs in particular.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.