AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own the 8500UB, thing is tho its my first projector so I have nothing to compare it to. For me tho the picture looks great, but just seems to lack in sharpness. ( 106" 2.35.1 screen anamorphic lens @11ft away )

Is this as good as it gets tho in this price range and I am just being to fussy!, or is 3LCD which the Epson uses renowned for not being so sharp ?

Is there another projector which would be much sharper ?, would the Mits HC4000 be much sharper than this projector ?

·
Premium Member
1,841 Posts
This may be the only post I've seen about lack of sharpness on the 8500. I found it to be very sharp. The only time it was not sharp was when showing the Directv EPG. I can see the same problem closeup on my plasma however. HDTV and blu ray is very sharp IMO.

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
Maybe it's the lens. IIRC your lens isn't a cylindrical one, it's a prism, which may not give the sharpest image, especially if you're at a short throw. Although I hate to suggest this, have you tried removing the lens and zooming instead? If it's noticably sharper, then maybe you just need a better lens?

(Goes to wash hands after typing that filth
).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts