AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The R762513 comes from a BG808, and I want to install it in a (SEOS) 1209/2, which usually needs the R762519. They use the same conv. driver, R762518.

Gunnar

·
Banned
3,127 Posts
I have interchanged them on the Barkenstein. I lost the rough convergence menu/function and get an IC2 error (does not interfer).

Good Question - I have only played with them on the BG 808 PJ not sure about the 120* PJs

Pete

·
Registered
18,501 Posts
I have not tried it yet, but I also have two 1209s SEOS units that I will be unmodding next week.

Somehow I don't think it will work, those two boards look completely different, right?

Curt

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good news! I don`t need the rough conv. menu.

They look different, but also the R762519 exists in different revisions that look completely different. I would install the R762513 if I had it, but I will not get it until january.

Curt, do you need the external SEOS amp? I have two, that I hope to get rid of by installing Barco conv. boards.

Gunnar

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hei Gunnar

I had to change all the boards to get it to work R762514,18,19 remember ?

And I have a external SEOS amp ready for shipping,cheap !! I can also add a seos board or two if you need them.

Merry Xmas

Espen

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Espen, are you sure you need to change the dyn. astig board (R762514)? The P/N is the samer as on the SEOS.

Gunnar

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hei Gunnar

Yes there have been done som small changes on it, take a look at R16 and R46 nothing much but it was not workng together with the "New" boards

I will however try to bring the #14 and 18 back to Barco specs during the Xmas hollydays

And M.MR H I have not forgotten you,just to much to do lately,pictures will come soon.

Happy Hollydays to all.

Espen

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Let me know what you find out.

Do you get sharp focus at the sides? What width screen are you using?

I did astig on the red and blue, but I didn`t get the red as good as I hoped.

Gunnar

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hei Gunnar

Side focus ? you must be kidding,almost nothing.

On the original #18 there was some heavy corrosion on the IC14-F8H (fried ?) to bad since this was a version 7 board. on the older board which I now have mounted the COG board I do not get the COG menu ???

Does anybody know what the side board # R762739 does ? it was mounted between 762518 and the COG.

I do also have a problem with the red CRT,its like the center vertical keystone is way off, I get the horizontal line to match up but the top of the vertical line goes to the right and the bottom goes to the left of the "center"line.

Espen

·
Registered
83 Posts
One more thing

I did find a mod on the 18 board between the IC14-F8H and J618 they have added a couple of resistors,I do not know why....

Espen

·
Banned
3,127 Posts
MadMrH had a great COG installation menu - You might want to look at that.

:D

One of the next things I plan od doing is re capping (replacing the marcon capicators with LOW ESR Capacitors) a convergence board.......

·
Registered
83 Posts
Uha !

I did follow them... They are really great.

The fun thing is that the COG board did work on my "non" working board but not on my working board if you see what I mean.

I guess its just a bad contact or something stupid,I will check to morrow its getting late here.

Ehh... " Re capping " please help me out on that one.

Espen

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What did you mean by almost nothing? Perfect focus? I`ll try my other SEOS in a few days to see if that one is better.

Gunnar

·
Registered
83 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnar
What did you mean by almost nothing? Perfect focus? I`ll try my other SEOS in a few days to see if that one is better.

Gunnar

Like almost no focus adjustment at all,no problem to get it great in the middle of the screen,but hardly any difference att the T,B,L and R :confused:

And I have tried GT10 and HD300 lenses same results great in the middle,bad everywhere else.

Do you have a solution on my Red CRT problem ?

Espen

·
Registered
83 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthZ
MadMrH had a great COG installation menu - You might want to look at that.

:D

One of the next things I plan od doing is re capping (replacing the marcon capicators with LOW ESR Capacitors) a convergence board.......
Ah-ha

Could you make a second set and sell it to me ?

Espen

·
Banned
3,127 Posts
I have spares.....:D

Does your convergence overly drift?

I had one PJ that drifted more - seemed real sensitive to temperature. Others have not had any issues.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.