AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The TV I'm considering buying at Best Buy would have a price of $149

on a 4-year extended warranty. This seems like a pretty good deal. It's hard to tell on their website exactly what is covered.

If there's a problem do they send a tech out or do I need to drag the TV to a service center?

Does anybody here have any experience filing a warranty claim with Best Buy's extended warranty? What were the results?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4,671 Posts

Quote:
What were the results?

All Good

btw Great price for the warranty..

·
Registered
145 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by draggcj /forum/post/15593722

on a 4-year extended warranty. This seems like a pretty good deal. It's hard to tell on their website exactly what is covered.

If there's a problem do they send a tech out or do I need to drag the TV to a service center?

Does anybody here have any experience filing a warranty claim with Best Buy's extended warranty? What were the results?

Thanks in advance!

I now live in a smaller town (Fremont, Ohio) that is about 30 miles from a BB store. They contracted a local repairman to fix a flickering problem on my DLP. They had my TV for over 2 months trying to get replacement parts that worked. I made numerous calls trying to get the TV repaired or replaced, and they would not budge on holding any timeframe. Finally one BB guy told me to just go buy a new TV from BB and just return it for a full refund if/when they repaired my TV.

After two months, during which time they found two replacement parts of which neither worked, they junked my TV. I then had to drive to the repair store to pick up my TV, and then drive it 40 minutes to the nearest BB to get credit for a replacement.

In the end, I did get a new TV out of the warranty, but I am far from impressed with this service. BB/Warranty company are going to do anything they can to avoid replacing a bad TV. Since two of their "located" replacement parts did not work, I'm worried where they were finding these parts.

From now on, I am just buying my TVs over the internet and skipping the comfort of buying from a local store with a warranty. There was no comfort for me, only anxiety.

·
Registered
5,001 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by draggcj /forum/post/15593722

Thanks in advance!

Keep mind, that their policy overlaps the current manufacturer's warranty, only providing 4 years. Extended warranty companies, such as Mack or CPS give you 1 year manufacturer's policy then extends after the manufacturer's warranty. You will have double coverage first year.

Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts