AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went look on the infamous CRT site and first only the main page came up, then just a few minutes ago the main page wouldn't come up. Is Eric converting over to the company he merged with? I know Ken (Kenolle) remarked that he hadn't heard from Eric lately after auctions, but I want to know if we have lost our reference for PJs.

Inquiring minds want to know.:rolleyes:

· Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You much have a damn big car.

· Registered
865 Posts
I cant even get to their main page.

· Registered
18,489 Posts
No, go right ahead. Make sure I don't get sued though for copyright infringement..:)

Curt

· Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
By all means, copy it to Curt's page. While often chided for having out-of-date prices and only 90% correct info, it is nice to have a quick lookup chart occasionally.

Does anyone know what the deal with Eric's site is?

· Registered
18,489 Posts
Damn, he's good!

Thanks Clarence..:)

Curt

· Registered
1,026 Posts
I wonder it isn't just that their ISP is offline. Even the links to pics in their Ebay auctions are blank. See item 5700528619

· Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Like I said earlier, it happened in stages. When I noticed it, the main page worked, but all the buttons on it went to "page not found". Not long after, the main page was gone. It seemed more like someone was transferring the site to another server piece by piece.

· Registered
1,549 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by smddoc
I cant even get to their main page.
Boy you guys are like a bunch of rubber necks at a traffic accident! I believe Eric has his own server in the office and just maybe someone could have tripped over the cord and unplugged it?

· Registered
300 Posts
While I agree that is cool to have the specs on Curts page. I really can't condone stealing the specs from another page. I run my own site and I absolutely hate finding my content on other peoples pages. It is also a quick way to get your web page removed from your ISP, I have gotten a few peoples pages kicked off the web for stealing my content. Somebody went through the trouble of converting all that content to HTML and now you are just stealing their work, not cool.

· Registered
147 Posts
I just bought a DB board for a 1031 from them, turns out the power supply was bad instead, I called them and spoke to Scott today about returning the board. I believe their site is down, but still open for biz.

ED

· Registered
18,489 Posts
Right, I don't want to get in crap with Eric, we've got a really good working relationship.

So maybe leave them on for now, but once Eric's site comes back, we should remove them.

Curt

· Registered
1,549 Posts
I checked his ebay listings. He hosts his photos on his own server and the pics won't load. I would say with conviction this is a case of his server being down and nothing else. This has happened in the past.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.