AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is the cable included if i buy the paradigm speaker? or do i have to purchase it separately?

do you guys know what kind of cable to be used with the paradigm cinema & cinema cc?

is the cable for the subwoofer different from the cable for the smaller speaker?

thanks

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Unless your dealer is giving you a special deal speaker cable is not included.

You can use any speaker cable you wish. Some swear that the expensive stuff is well worth the cost, others are happy rigging a metal coat hanger to the posts (Seriously I've read arguments for this on another newsgroup). You should decide how much you want to spend and then pick your cables based on this. Also ask your dealer if you can borrow a few sets of speaker wire to try out at home so you can decide which you like. Most people (or at least the ones I've spoken to) suggest budgeting 10% of the cost of the system on cables, bth interconnect and speaker.

Yes the cable for your sub is different, it uses an RCA type interconnect.

Kirk

----------

·
Premium Member
3,832 Posts
I would suggest going to Home Depot and purchasing your cable there. Simple 12 gauge speaker wire is all you need. As for your subwoofer, you'll need an RCA interconnect. Walmart sells a GE cable that's pretty good & Radio Shack has their 'Gold' series which is another great cable.

Greg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.