Registered
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
see subject

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm that must be a local thing as i am getting it in sd but i thought it was an hd show and don't want to call station if i don;t know it is a local issue as they are nt very nice

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
It is on in tampa, but not in HD, I guess I will watch something else.

I know that some affiliates refused to show it.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmm sounds like maybe they didn;t spend the money on a hd pilot, or they think the friends audience does watch hd so why bother.. if this show turns out to be sd i never watch again .. what a waste of air so far, and no hd, this show is ONLY good to look at; if it was hd that is, so it is good for nothing

·
Registered
164 Posts
This was posted on the Columbus HD forum from the engineer at the local NBC affiliate:

"The first show of Coupling will not be in HD. A late delivery is the reason. This particular HD show will appear in re-runs."

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
why? cause some people have problems with sexuality. did i mention they have problems.. news flash folks it is tv; it won't bring down Rome

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
that is good so ill give the show couple more chances content wise and just record csi

·
Registered
43 Posts
This sucks... they had all summer to get the episode done and they couldn't get the HDTV version released?

What a disappointment... it's SD in Boston as well (not that I think it matters, I'm assuming that late delivery was nationwide)

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
pretty big screwup not getting a pilot out in hd, not that it really ;) matters tho, as hd is a non factor... who ever is in charge of dtv stuff at nbc needs a whip the place into shape if they cared these things wouldn't be happening. i know it is all about the sd the money but professionalism should be motive enough to not have two major problems in 5 or 6 days. las Vegas was unwatchable in hd major problems really really ridiculous and now no hd at all on the big friend's "hopefully" replacement series premiere

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
pilots are usually not that great i think it still mite end up ok

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i thought they where impotent in their delivery of lines :)

·
Registered
19,016 Posts
Watch the BBC version on BBC America, or even better, a nice widescreen animorphic DVD. It's the same show, done better.

·
Registered
6,557 Posts
I was afraid that the American version would be just an reenactment of the episodes from the British series. I was right.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yes you were right, in that the pilot was. but i would be shocked if that is how they plan to handle teh show, i don't think we can assume it will be as you fear.

Pilot's often are handled this way on shows that are inspired by an over seas hit ( theory is - go with what works - but i don't think i would be practical to do so for an entire series), it does not mean all the eps will be.. for example The Three's Company pilot was an remake of the British pilot of the show that inspired it

·
Registered
124 Posts
The BBC version has only aired 22 episodes so far. They make from 6-9 a year. Even after the fourth BBC season there will only be a maximum of 31 scripts to remake before they have to create new material. Of course, the US show may never make it to another season so it may be a moot point.

It's true that most US shows that are remakes veer off quite quickly from the UK scripts but the possible slight difference here is that the BBC creative team is actually involved in making the US version.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well then that is a different story, thanks

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.