AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to buy malata 966 (that is, if avdeals resolve the firmware problem). I'm trying to decide between the "default region 1" and "default region 0".

Is it possible to buy "default region 1" and change that myself, either through a firmware hack or by modifying something on the motherboard?

Is avdeals *the place* to buy this player?

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
The default Region 1 is also modded by avdeals and yes, they are the place to buy from. I was one of the first.

·
Registered
7 Posts
he sure was one of the first people to buy the Malata n996 from avdeals.

I have talked to him many times over the phone. I once called him for the subpicture trick on the machine.

but anyway if you mod it yourself warranty will be void on the Malata DVD N-996!!

for the extra money it is worth the warranty for a year. also the region 1 player does the same things as the region 0. you just have to hit 3 buttons.

later

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your replies. I think that I'll just get the default region 1 player. I am not sure that I'll even have disks from other regions, but I hate the thought of having the stupid region regulations to be imposed on me...

Is it right that the Malata DVD players don't do copy-protection (i.e. one can make copies of the DVD)?

Sorry if this is a naive question; this will be my first DVD player.

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Macrovision is not disabled, so this player is not "VCR friendly."

·
Registered
6,592 Posts
Quote:
this player is not "VCR friendly."
I wish it was. I was going to buy a Sima 'macrovision-removing' unit for my Malata, but went for an Apex 660 DVD player ($99) & firmware-hacked it to make it regionfree & macrovision-free. This was a cheaper solution.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.