AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like to wish all a merry Christmas and a very happy new year. My 1270 and I are still getting acquainted with each other. Here goes when I converge using the video input, I try to get it as close as possible and the lines that is the cross-hairs look white but when I input the signal from my dvd player it looks good for about 2 to 3 sec's and then the pic goes out of convergence. I disconnect the signal and check the cross-hairs and still are white and converged whats going on. It dos-en't happen when I use the rgb, but the adjustments on rgb are limited thats why I prefer video ,

has anyone seen this .

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Most here prefer the RGB input on their projectors, as you can run a higher resolution video feed through the RGB port than you can through the SVideo or composite video ports. In particular, you can also run progressive video through the RGB port, but you can't run progressive video through the SVideo or composite video port.

The RGB adjustments should be limited only in the sense that picture color controls are generally performed outside of the projector for RGB feeds. The projector should still give you full geometry and convergence controls when you are using the RGB input. Color, tint, saturation, hue and gamma would all be external however.

From my reading here, a Sony 1270 will at least do a line-doubled (aka progressive) input, and most likely even 540p, if not higher. You might want to try and use a scaler with that RGB port.

The reason your convergence is changing might be due to the scan rates changing between the internal test pattern you use to do the convergence, and the actual scan rate supplied by your DVD player on the video input port. The RGB input must be using the scan rate for the convergence screens, so it stays correct when the program is displayed.

·
Registered
88 Posts
RobTV

Hi

I'm new to this and tried to send you a message yesterday. I have a 1272 with a green tube that comes on but does not project...saw that you had the same problem with your blue tube and you determined it to be a driver card. What I want to know is how did you find out it was the driver card?

How much did it cost for a new card and where did you get one?

Did you install it yourself and if so was it difficult to do?

I just see all these people cautioning everyone who opens these machines that they risk electrocution so i'm a bit intimidated by that...lol.

Thank you!

Walt

·
Registered
784 Posts
rob47v,

When you converge a 127x Sony PJ with no input signal, the PJ uses it's internal internal oscillator, which runs at 32 kHz. The Sony manuals have you initially set up the PJ this way, and you store this info into the PJ memory.

When you input a normal video signal, the input frequency is 15.75 kHz, which tells the projector to use a different set of memories for the convergence data.

So, with your DVD player connected and feeding video to the PJ, converge again per the instructions in the manual. Save this data.

Now you'll be converged for all your normal video sources.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.