AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is AI best in dolby digital or should I switch some of the the receivers "listening modes" around for music modes and what not.... i'm a newbie...

·
Registered
29,193 Posts
Only you can answer that by trying the multiple sound modes. Leave it on whatever you like best.

If a show is broadcast in dolby digital 5.1 I leave it at that. No need to change for me.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig /forum/post/18192619

I prefer "Mute"...

I've got my safety goggles on for the rest of this thread

I actually don't really like the show but my GF does and the room has only been up for 2 weeks so i'm excited to hear what it sounds like....

·
Registered
5,237 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by saeroner /forum/post/18192704

I actually don't really like the show but my GF does and the room has only been up for 2 weeks so i'm excited to hear what it sounds like....

If that's the case and you are just trying to impress the GF with your new home theater, maybe you should choose something that is more impressive. Like a good movie? What do you/she like. We'll give you suggestions.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Dangit, I loaded this thread JUST to make a smart-ass reply and batpig stole it!

In any case, which mode you use is just personal preference. If there were one "best" mode, that's the only one that would come with it. You'll have to just try them and see what you (or she) likes best.

If she's like my wife, she won't even notice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts