AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got an X1 and now all I am looking for is a screen. My white wall would work fine as I have tested it and it gives ME a pleasant picture. The only reason I cannot use regularly is because I have my regular TV in the living room that I would like to keep. I would like a screen I can easily mount and detach from the roof and that I can also use a tripod with if I cannot mount it. I see alot of Da-lite screens on ebay, is this decent or I should look better.

I am not a very demanding person, and like I said, my white wall looks fine. (e.g. I recently got an LCD for example after alot of reservations because I am a gamer and alot of people see ghosting, well I must have a slow response system as I do not see a damn thing and I will never go back to CRT). So I am more concerned with convenience and simplicity, to be able to easily setup wheerever, be it in th ebasement or living room.

And under 200 dollars would be great also.

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
It can be if you know what you are looking for. I have found screens on Ebay, that though are discounted below retail, still are selling for more than you can buy them new for other places. Just know what you are looking at before you buy.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what about dimensions, alot of places list screens that have the second number always higher than the first, though Aspect ratios always have the first number higher, like 4:3 or 16:9 etc I am supposing these two measurments do not coerrelate? shouldn't the width always be higher than the length? like this screen for example

a 72X96 Dalite Class B screen selling for 220 with shipping (you think that's a good deal, it is not a high power screen mind you)

at full span, watching a 16X9 source, would it only give me a 72 by 40.5 screen or would I get a 96 by 54 screen? It is not very clear which you get

·
Banned
9,999 Posts
A 72"x96" is an NTSC (4:3) screen that is 96" wide and 72" high. When you project 16:9 material onto this screen you will use its maximum width (96") and from this you will consume 54" of the screen's height and not use 18".

I have noticed on the Draper sight that they sometimes will list screens with a single dimension, which is the diagonal length, and from this you need to figure out the screen's width and height. A good example of this is a 100" NTSC screen, which is 80" wide and 60" high.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.