This was at the top of the page so I guess its ok to mention it

Pioneer PRO151FD $4699

Free Shipping. In Stock! Save up to 40%. Low-Price Guarantee
www.ElectroZone.com

Look to right of your screen: AVSForum Sponsors

·
Registered
4 Posts
Stay away from them. Lewis and Derek are scam artist. They sell "refurb A" merchandise as "new". (box opened, etc.)..Their merch. is pre-owned rejects.

Usually, pre-owners have returned r/t malfunctions. I am disputing my credit card charges with them. Derek called me a "thief" and a "pig" this am over the phone. Always ask them for the serial#, then check with the mfg. via website or phone with previous registrations. I wish I had of known. STAY AWAY FROM THESE LIARS!!

·
Banned
11,424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janiece /forum/post/16566127

Stay away from them. Lewis and Derek are scam artist. They sell "refurb A" merchandise as "new". (box opened, etc.)..Their merch. is pre-owned rejects.

Usually, pre-owners have returned r/t malfunctions. I am disputing my credit card charges with them. Derek called me a "thief" and a "pig" this am over the phone. Always ask them for the serial#, then check with the mfg. via website or phone with previous registrations. I wish I had of known. STAY AWAY FROM THESE LIARS!!

Never buy from an online venture without checking reviews for that venture...if you can't find any, also stay away.

·
Registered
1 Posts
OK, I feel like I am writing an affidavit here. Here is that blow by blow of a customer transaction filled with bait and switch, lying, dishonesty and trickery:

I ordered the Sharp XR32XL Projector on May the 24th, needed it before Friday the 5th of June because my AV business was renting it to a customer that day; on the night of June 2nd I noticed online that my shipping status said "Ready to be shipped". REMEMBER THAT, "Ready to be shipped". I called about my shipping on the morning of June 3rd; was told that he had to check something and was placed on hold; in a short amount of time, the line was disconnected. So I called back and he apologized for the disconnection and said that he would call me RIGHT back in 10 minutes after checking my order shipping status. About 30 minutes later, I called back after about 5 tries, each time ask to leave a message by the auto answering machine. Finally, someone named Louis answered and he said that he had to check on my order and was placed on hold. Again, the phone disconnected. So I called back again after this familiar scenario and some different answered the phone, and this time I ask, "Is something wrong with the phones? This person said yes and immediately gave me back to Louis. I was yelled at and humiliated by Louis (who said he was the GM), simply for calling back too soon. He blew up at me. I asked, "You're the general manager and treat your customer this way?" He definitely has an anger problem. He said that he had to go to the bathroom and that I did not give him enough time to check. So I insisted that my order be canceled so that I may order from a more reputable company (I didn't say that last part). Louis then said that he cannot cancel it and that he will check on the order and get RIGHT back with me and hung up on me. I then called my credit card company to dispute it and was told that Electrozone had already charged my credit card. So, I put it in dispute status and ordered the projector from Amazon. Just for curiosity sake. I went back to the Electrozone sight to check for product availability. It said, "The requested product is not available." when just 2 days ago, it said that it was available. That concerned me. About an hour or so later, Louis calls and tells me that the product is on back order. He then does the bait and switch by offering me a much better projector for $100 more but said that I did not have to pay the difference and that I would get it the next day. After I asked him 2 times if it was a new projector, he finally confessed that it was refurbished but there was a warranty. IF YOU DO NOT ASK, THEY WILL SEND YOU REFURBISHED STUFF!!! I then proceeded to tell him about his poor customer service, recommended anger management training, canceled my order, and finally told him that I will never do business with him again because they suck. THIS WAS A NIGHTMARE

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was able to get one of frequently mentioned sponsors to match Electro Zone's price of $4699 for the Elite 151 back in Jan 09.

I've been enjoying it ever since, HD is great

Dvd's paired with a Pioneer 51fd Blu Ray are better than ever.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts