Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is Firehawk brighter than a white wall?

I'm currently projecting my Sony W400Q onto a 16:9 96" wide white wall. I am considering the Firehawk as I will be upgrading projectors within 6 months. Will the W400Q work with the Firehawk?

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
That's really hard to compare. Different wall paints have different amounts of light reflection (sort of gain) but how much is hard to say. The Firehawk is rated for 1.35 gain, which is a fairly high gain, especially for a gray screen. There is no doubt in my mind that it would be an improvment non the less. The gray material will greartly improve your black performance, and would be worth a small amount of gain loss (if there was one).

Thanks!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Ditto - I went from a white wall to the Firehawk - a major improvement by any standard. One thing that I felt about the plain wall is that although fairly reflective, it tended give a "washed out" look - the Firehawk provides much better depth.

I scored my Firehawk from Jason at AVS - and would highly recommend.

CucMan

·
Registered
156 Posts
CucMan,

How does one get a hold of Jason? I have no idea who he is. But I did ask about firehawk a few days ago and someone told me to try and get it from avsforums... So, I am assuming there is a way to purchase this from here right?

Right now, I am mostly interested in price per sq foot.

Thansks

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
Thanks for the referral's guys! I'd be more than happy to help out anyone with their screen needs. Please email or call me with any questions you might have.

Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.