AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The problems I'm having are with both POTC: Curse Of The Black Pearl and POTC: Dead Man Chest.Both movie BD will not read or load on my PS3 but the bonus material BD disc will load and play.Whats even worse is that when the BD movie disc for each movie will cause my PS3 to lock up badly where I have to manualy shut down my PS3 each time.

Now I dont know if it's BD movies discs themselves that are bad or if it's the PS3 firmware 1.80 that I downloaded last night thats causing the load and play problems with both POTC BD movies.Also I tried my other BD movies on my PS3 and they were able to load and play fine on my PS3.

Also I noticed last night after downloading the 1.80 firmware update that while playing MLB 07 that the game would some times hang for a couple seconds while in the middle of gameplay while me and a friend were playing last night

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Sounds like a bad pair of discs.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fettastic /forum/post/0

Maybe something went screwy with the update?

You're making me nervous. I haven't updated yet.

Just create a restore point....

·
Banned
4,488 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JE3146 /forum/post/0

Just create a restore point....

I don't know what that means.

I still have 1.6 on CD-ROM. If 1.8 goes badly, can I just reload 1.6 or do I have to restore the factory settings (losing my saved game data) and do it that way?

·
Registered
5,881 Posts

Quote:

I don't know what that means.

I still have 1.6 on CD-ROM. If 1.8 goes badly, can I just reload 1.6 or do I have to restore the factory settings (losing my saved game data) and do it that way?

i don't believe u can, during the update it specifically said you cant reroll back to an older version.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I fired up the first one last night, no problems with the 1.8 firmware.

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Just retested both, load time (spinning coin/key) went from ~10s to less than ~5 with v1.80. Definitely not the PS3 or the firmware. I'd be willing to back that up with video and/or pix to quiet any HD DVD trolls.

So, Fettastic, upgrade with confidence. There's so much cool stuff that I couldn't wait until this afternoon.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
i did notice while loading a dvd it took about 20 seconds to load i was like dam its as slow as my a2 and its never been slow. its usually so fast by the time i look at the screen its already loaded

·
Banned
4,488 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggster /forum/post/0

i did notice while loading a dvd it took about 20 seconds to load i was like dam its as slow as my a2 and its never been slow. its usually so fast by the time i look at the screen its already loaded

:Fett sticks fingers in ears:

LA LA LA LA LA LA!

·
Registered
1,677 Posts

Quote:

LA LA LA LA LA LA!

lol

ill try it again later with a blu ray movie when im done watching matrix reloaded

·
Registered
4,309 Posts

Quote:

LA LA LA LA LA LA!

Sounds like he's talking from disc insertion to first screen (FBI/MPAA warning). I'm not using autoplay, but loading the feature (either BD or DVD) takes ~10s to the first screen for me.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.