AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I hope so. I thought the date had a 4 in it though, like Jan 4th or 14th.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I hope so also

I remember when it was originally supposed to be included with the system. IGN (who I think also runs Gamespy? or has some affiliation with them?) has been pushing the release date back each week it seems. SONY has said that it will be out this month.. but that doesnt really guarantee it will be out tomorrow. I just hope it turns out good.

·
Registered
343 Posts
The Wikipedia for fl0w currently has the release date as January 2007. Since the game is finished it should probably not be that hard to release, though the delay is probably more PR based.

Does PS3 do flash...could I just play this via the web browser?

·
Registered
114 Posts
I can't remember anymore reporting if web-flash fl0w worked. Sure someone has tested it in PS3 browser, but havent read any comments.

But this ps3 version has 1080p(?) resolution, few new tricks, a way better graphics, deeper levels, etc...

·
Registered
536 Posts
Really doubt it's going to be coming out tomorrow. I've been looking for info on the game and found this post by one of the devs/moderators on the developer forum:

"Hi guys,

Sorry about the ambiguous answers, but here's the deal: the only official release date for flOw is December 19th, 2006. Seeing as how that seems fairly unlikely, at this point , we've set a new target date internally and with Sony. Now, I think when everyone is 100% confident we can hit that date, Sony will announce it, but we don't want to announce too soon, because we don't want to lie to you guys again.

We're really sorry for keeping you guys waiting. We're working extremely hard to get this game out and get it out right, and we deeply appreciate your excitement and support."

http://www.thatgamecompany.com/forum...748db6421186f7

That was posted last Monday, January 8th. If it were really coming out in a week (meaning tomorrow) I think the post would have been a bit different. Doesn't mean it isn't coming out on Jan 15, but it seems kind of unlikely.

Very much looking forward to FlOw and I hope to see it on the Playstation store soon.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdank /forum/post/0

Free? There's no free lunch on next gen consoles.

What about Motostorm, GTHD & the RFOM demos I downloaded for free??

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbuubu /forum/post/0

That was posted last Monday, January 8th. If it were really coming out in a week (meaning tomorrow) I think the post would have been a bit different. Doesn't mean it isn't coming out on Jan 15, but it seems kind of unlikely.

Very much looking forward to FlOw and I hope to see it on the Playstation store soon.

Bummer. The speaker at the Sony PS3 keynote at CES said later this month. So, soon hopefully.

·
Registered
861 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerGuyX /forum/post/0

fl0w is not a flash-based game.

fl0w is not a demo. It is a full game.

It is based on this this . Sony just payed the developers to port it to the PS3.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarsianMan /forum/post/0

Does PS3 do flash...could I just play this via the web browser?

The PS3 does flash, but it is very limited. Flow doesn't work for two reasons.

1: The flash version of Flow is just too CPU intensive for the PS3. It appears that the webbrowser only uses a single core and poorly at that.

2: The flash will load up, but in the case of Flow, it won't load your creature, so you can't do anything except listen to the repetitive music and look at the design credits.

If those two items were fixed, then you could load up http://intihuatani.usc.edu/cloud/flowing/core.swf on the PS3 and play it in fullscreen as the controller moves the flash version around just find....if you had a creature to move around.

·
Registered
810 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetrii /forum/post/0

It is based on this this . Sony just payed the developers to port it to the PS3.

no, they paid devs to create new PS3 version, I doubt it is just an port of free flash game...

·
Registered
861 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spwolf /forum/post/0

no, they paid devs to create new PS3 version, I doubt it is just an port of free flash game...

The PS3 version is pretty much the same as the web version, it just has new creatures/animations/graphics. I never said it was an identical port.

·
Registered
810 Posts

Quote:

The PS3 version is pretty much the same as the web version, it just has new creatures/animations/graphics. I never said it was an identical port.

in other words, it is same concept, but brand new game...

:).

·
Registered
861 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spwolf /forum/post/0

in other words, it is same concept, but brand new game...

:).

The Xbox 360 version of Battlefield MC has better animations,graphics, and more content than the PS2 version. Does that make it a brand new game?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynxFX /forum/post/0

The PS3 does flash, but it is very limited. Flow doesn't work for two reasons.

1: The flash version of Flow is just too CPU intensive for the PS3. It appears that the webbrowser only uses a single core and poorly at that.

2: The flash will load up, but in the case of Flow, it won't load your creature, so you can't do anything except listen to the repetitive music and look at the design credits.

If those two items were fixed, then you could load up http://intihuatani.usc.edu/cloud/flowing/core.swf on the PS3 and play it in fullscreen as the controller moves the flash version around just find....if you had a creature to move around.

Is there a flash program for Linux? Would it be possible to download and play?

·
Registered
810 Posts

Quote:

The Xbox 360 version of Battlefield MC has better animations,graphics, and more content than the PS2 version. Does that make it a brand new game?

you are still trying to convince the world that they ported flash game? lol.

All the code of the game, and I mean all of it, had to be rewritten. All that is left is the concept.

Port means that you reuse everything that you can to create version for another platform

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.