AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On sale at Target for $20. has anyone played this? I looked for other threads but didn't find any opinions on the final game.

·
Banned
9,953 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcorona76 /forum/post/15469761

Whether you like Gamespot or not, they give it 6 and call yet another cookie cutter shooter.

6 is generous. I'd wait till it's 15 or lower. Here's my review at Goozex:

Quote:
Had potential, but the story in game is already fleshed out on the back of the box. Don't expect s Oscar winning plot here.

Gameplay is fun, and the terrain deformation gameplay is unique, but not much is given to the player to mix things up with, And there's not much variety in AI enemies [5], so expect to just be plowing through them ala doom.

Last, the final fight was just hands down pathetic and something reminiscent of the effort put into a PS1 game.

Short game, eight to ten hours. Very boring, and felt to me like Halo with even less plot [hated Halo]. I mean, it's great if you find quick, easy games that you just blow thru baddies with no plot fun, otherwise wait till it hits the $10 bin. It will.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RY35AN /forum/post/15469601

On sale at Target for $20. has anyone played this? I looked for other threads but didn't find any opinions on the final game.

real question is would you spend $20 on lunch? If so then grab the game and skip lunch that day...

this is how i justify my "electronic" purchases...ha i know im looney

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
The demo didn't do much for me, and there are better games you could buy for $20. Regardless, if you like buying games it seems worth $20. I've had a lot of fun with so called mediocre/crap games this year, i.e, Viking, Dark Sector, Legendary...

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, kind of what I thought. No need for me to waste $20 on a game I'll probably never end up finishing. I'm trying to cut back anyways. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
You'd be better off buying Burnout or Wipeout HD.

·
Banned
9,953 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ3118 /forum/post/15470882

real question is would you spend $20 on lunch? If so then grab the game and skip lunch that day...

this is how i justify my "electronic" purchases...ha i know im looney

For me a $20 lunch would have had much more intrinsic value then Fracture. Luckily I traded for it, didn't pay for it.

It's not that the gameplay isn't any good. The mechanics are solid. It's the fact they they paid absolutely no attention to the characters of plot.

I got them same feeling from the HAZE demo, but never played the full game so it might even be better. I'd call fracture a mediocre shooting gallery.

The last fight really showed how lame it was.

They colored a "Heavy" enemy a different color and threw some lesser enemies at you at the same time. To me, that states they just wanted to get it over with and out the door and never look back.

·
Registered
788 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII /forum/post/15472563

I got them same feeling from the HAZE demo, but never played the full game so it might even be better. I'd call fracture a mediocre shooting gallery.

You were more or less correct about Haze too. I got it for $10 from BB. It was just "okay" at even that price. The concept/plot wasn't bad but the execution was horrible. For the amount they invested in that one game, it was a terribly mediocre shooter.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Get dead rising, fracture BLOWS...........you could also try the demo out first

·
Registered
535 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by number1laing /forum/post/15472655

There are much much better games you can get for $20.

Yup. I picked up Brother's in Arms: Hell's Highway for $20 on Boxing Day and I am enjoying it.

JD

1 - 12 of 12 Posts