AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the planning stages of my dedicated HT. I've noticed that a lot of people are using GofM fabric as a wall covering. Is this really necessary to get the best sound quality or is it just the popular thing to do now?

·
Registered
164 Posts
I think the majority of us using GoM fabric is because we are covering some sort of acoustic material that is mounted on the wall. GoM fabric in itself will provide no increase in sound quality or change the acoustics of a room.

In addition to covering acoustic material, I used GoM fabric to cover a couple of column's on my screen wall where my speakers reside. The good thing about the fabric is that it is virtually acoustically transparent.

Darren

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
BTW, it is not cheap, but it sure looks good when installed!

If you want the hidden speaker look, it is a must. If you want your room to sound it's best, put up the acoustic treatments on the wall, and cover it, since the acoustic stuff is normally ugly.

·
Registered
306 Posts
GOM fabric helps cut down on fibers released into the air from the insulation or batting covering the walls. So there is a health benefit in addition to the fire safety benefit and appearance benefit already mentioned.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.