AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not been able to track down technical details on Grind, the skating movie released today. It reads as though it is full screen only. Has anyone seen the packaging?

·
Registered
232 Posts
I think it includes both aspect ratios in there. Check this out.

By the way, bookmark that site. You can check it before you ask questions like that. It'll save you time because this site has all the technical details you'll need, and one thing about it that is kind of unusual in this day and age where no one really cares is that it actually is right almost all the time.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I decided to brave the snow to go to the store and pick it up. The package does indeed say full screen only. I'm sure it was Super 35 and in open matte now, but I refuse just on principle.

·
Registered
232 Posts
 Buy.com confirms the same thing. Just buy, and if its not wide, return it because it is defective. Because the company is obviously saying that it is which means it really is defective. The back cover is probably just wrong.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Might work if I ordered from one of these more expensive sources, but Best Buy is selling it for 16.99 and it is listed fullscreen only.

·
Registered
232 Posts
No, its not. It lists both.

Quote:
Features: DVD, Widescreen, Aspect Ratio 1.85:1, Pan and Scan (TV Format), Dolby Digital (5.1), Dolby Surround Sound, French, Spanish, English Subtitled
I'm done. You don't need anymore help.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:
Originally posted by Jaymstr
No, its not. It lists both.

I'm done. You don't need anymore help.
"it" being Buy.com, right? The site I mentioned asking a much higher price than I'm willing to pay to just try it and return it. The DVD package says it is full screen. Amazon and Best Buy say it is full screen. I appreciate your attempt to help, but you really have not answered the question. I'm waiting for someone who has the disc in their hands to answer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.