AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I justed tuned in HDNet for this first time. I'm a hockey fan and I upgraded to HD mostly to watch the NHL. According to the "Title bar" on my Samsung 160 the Kings vs. Predators game is PPV (pay per view?)

I though HDNet was free.

Has anyone out there paid for hockey on HDNet?

Thanks,

Jim

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
HDNet is free if you have the HDTV package on DirecTV. The HDTV package doesn't cost anything, but I think you need a minimum of total choice programming to get it.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,616 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve13
HDNet is free if you have the HDTV package on DirecTV. The HDTV package doesn't cost anything, but I think you need a minimum of total choice programming to get it.
There is no HDTV package, just a notation on your bill or on line statement. You do need Total Choice or better to get HDNet.

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
The PPV is there on 199 because HD PPV movies are shown there at night. HDNET has, IIRC, 16 hours of programming per day.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I feel so lucky that I got in just under the wire when you could get Direct Select for $7.99 a month and that got you HDNet! We are grandfathered in but all those afterwards must do a Total Choice to get it!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the response guys.

I have Total Choice and DirectTV said HDNet should be working. I'll have DirectTV try to reset my receiver tomorrow.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,616 Posts
Go on line & verify you have the HDTV notation for your account. If it's not there, simply call them up and add it. If the CSR you get doesn't have a clue, ask for a supervisor.

·
Registered
14,432 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Ken H
Go on line & verify you have the HDTV notation for your account. If it's not there, simply call them up and add it. If the CSR you get doesn't have a clue, ask for a supervisor.
When I got my Samsung SIR-TS160, the CSR didn't know what to do and had to send me to a tech rep who looked at the account and saw that the HD notation hadn't been set up, so if you have HBO-HD and no HD-NET, then that is the problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.