AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember hearing that InHD had NBA games last year. Is that the case this year? So far i've been unable to find any info on this. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
I believe the INHD - NBA TV contract extends into this coming season, so the answer would be yes.

However, even if not on INHD, you will definitely see them on Comcast because the multi-year Comcast - NBA TV agreement provides for HD rights. If the games are not on INHD, Comcast could and would put them on its new HDSE (HD special events) channel.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
They've already been airing NBA-preseason content on CSN-HD. I've skipped over it, so I have no idea what has been on. Presumably, the contract would be with Comcast, not a specific channel they own so I agree it could air most anywhere in the channel lineup.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks.

Unfortunately I don't have a CSN-HD channel yet. I've got that special events HD channel but so far it only airs the NFL Network game of the week each week.

So do some of you guys have a speical Comcast sportsnet HD channel that airs 24 hours a day all by itself?

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by UUronl
They've already been airing NBA-preseason content on CSN-HD. I've skipped over it, so I have no idea what has been on. Presumably, the contract would be with Comcast, not a specific channel they own so I agree it could air most anywhere in the channel lineup.
It was the Wizards, and not in HD, just on the channel like every other SD program they air.

Our CSN does have that digital channel which airs home team sports game in HD, but the normal program lineup with SD programs on it as well in SD. When they rerun HD games though, they are in SD and the channel is stretched like ESPNHD used to be.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
F44,

Your response was really confusing to me. Are you saying that the "special events" HD channel is where i'll see Chicago Bulls home games this year when they air on CSN?

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Channel 175 for me is InHD2. Are you saying they will simply override whatever show is on InHD2 at the time of the Bulls game and air the game on that channel? That sounds odd.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the link and info man. It looks like tonight will be the first HD Bulls preseason game! :D

I was also wondering if InHD will air random NBA games as well though. Just like they did with Baseball this year.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Tigerriot
I was also wondering if InHD will air random NBA games as well though. Just like they did with Baseball this year.
See my post above.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Sonoma.

I was just hoping for some sort of a link for info on this stuff. It seems a little odd to me that InHD wouldn't have come out with a press release bragging about the NBA games they'd be carrying this year if they were in fact doing that. I sure hope they do though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.