AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been waiting a long time to upgrade. I was originally waiting on a real 11.1 solution. Then I saw the Pioneer SC-57 come with DTS Neo X which I didnt expect. I have been reading about separates for some time and like the idea. The issue is it looks like the OEMS are not going to give us 11.1 pre outs anytime soon. They aren't stupid. I like this receiver but it is hard to spend that kind of cash on just a front end. I think it does 140x9 which is more than my vsx-1014 can do. It doesnt give me the 11.1 I was looking for but at least I can add some heights and keep my rear channels which are sort of where wides would be (my room is like a diamond)

Is there a separates option that I am missing? I would love to see Denon's NEO: X offering as well.

·
Banned
2,914 Posts
If your wallet won't run and hide...

It is rumored the new Integra DTR 80.3 will be wireable for all of these combinations...

DTS NEO X, zone 2, 3 and 4 and speaker B (yes that is 19 pairs of binding posts...but only 11 amps on board...so you can "pick and choose" on the fly...if you want 11.1 or 5.1 with 3 powered zones at different times). The 80.3 is also rumored to be able to run a 5.0 powered zone 2...

7.1 with height and width is on the NR1009 and up(DTS NEO X) and the Denon AVR 4810(not NEO X) and 4311(not "yet" NEO X???).

Here's the NEO X thread

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1305065 (I haven't read through it in a while)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.