AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The image has the texture of sandpaper, especially in lighter scenes. It is VERY distracting. I can see speckles everywhere. It looks fuzzy and the edges aren't as sharp as they used to be. It looks like I'm watching through a dirty window, When I watched hockey on HDNET tonight, the players where not as 3D as they where before. HBO HD and SHOW HD are just as bad. Also received my JVC DH30000U yesterday and D-Theater is just as fuzzy.

Before I received the screen I watched my Sharp M20X on an orange peel textured, egg shell colored wall and the images in HD were spectacular!

What gives?

Roman

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Roman,

Maybe it's the focus ring :) Just kidding. I also have the M20x and got an HCMW and I don't see the same issues that you do. I did post something here that you might be interested in. I think you might like the Hi-Power screen and I spent hours coming up with settings for the M20x with ColorFacts that give good reds. They require a Hoya FL-D or Tiffen CC30R, but with the brightness of the Hi-Power it more than overcomes the loss of brightness from the filter. If you are interested the FL-D can be bought from 2filters.com and I had to look everywhere for a CC30R and found one used. They're pretty close to the same, though. If you decide to try this direction I'll be interested in hearing how it works out for you.

--Darin

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
blitzkreig:

The screen has a silver sheen.

darinp:

The grain is mostly evident in lighter scenes (ice on a hockey rink and bright sky. the ice almost looks a bit dirty). Since this is my first screen, maybe I'm overreacting to a normal scenario. The screen is 92" wide and my seating position is about 13.5 feet, so I don't think that I'm sitting too close.

As to the M20X, I'll tweak it and see what happens. I've become sensitized to rainbows, so after CES I will probably have the upgrade bug.

Thanks,

Roman

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
CES less then 4 weeks.....Bring it on!!!

I think allot of us are going to have the up grade bug!

ddog!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.