AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do I need to tweak? Has the quality of HBOHD on E* degenerated, or is it supposed to be atmospheric? I was also getting some pixelization on SHOHD the other day. Anyone else seeing this?

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
Looks like the black level is way too high for FF....I guess someone thought if it was too dark they would never find Forester.

·
Registered
33,528 Posts
This movie actually was a very dark movie in the theaters, so I think it looks fine from that respect. However, it is VERY sharp, but like Nightowl, I'm seeing a bit of EE too. I had just posted a few days ago about this regarding Showtime HD, mentioning I'd never seen this on HBO. I guess HBO doesn't want to be outdone by Showtime.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I was going to start a thread regarding the outstanding PQ of the outdoor scenes.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by hardrock
I was going to start a thread regarding the outstanding PQ of the outdoor scenes.
If you had I then could have responded with "Looks like an upconvert to me!". :)

Seriously though, the whole movie looks washed out and lacking in contrast.

Frank

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
Quote:
Seriously though, the whole movie looks washed out and lacking in contrast

Well you guys must have not watched it the other 5 times its been on HBO. It was always this dark and washed out, thats how the movie was made (or atleast how the DVD looks, never did see it in the theaters)

·
Registered
737 Posts
Heck, I can't remember what I had for lunch yesterday much less remember the details of PQ for a movie I saw in the theater months ago. :)

Maybe I should start taking my PocketPC to the theater and making notes. :D

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was ready to do a few hours of having my systems laying around me in parts. Shouting obscenities, then putting it all back together again and saying"ah much better." Of course, I guess, that's why I have this hobby.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.