AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe is just me but I miss the old Classified ad setup over the new.

The interactive of question may it better I think.

Most of the questions where answer before I would have to ask.

And you new who they sold it to. And who was the first to answer on a sale.

It would be nice to have both worlds.

But I guess I'll have to live with it.

IMO

Hugo

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
While I understand the reasons Mr. Bott changed the classifides. I don't like the results. I don't even bother going there now. It used to be an every day thing.

------------------

Adam

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Respectfully!

I don't like the classified change at all.

Dan Houck

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I must also say I don't like it either. I used to check it often and have even bought a couple items, but now it's just too much trouble and there's not much there. Does it cost to post ads? I think it was better the old way for the way we used it. I do want to stress however how appreciative I am of those who run the forum here and provide that classifieds section for us when they do not have to. But I am interested in why they changed it. If it was to better serve us, I think it's not doing that. It's just not easy to browse and find new stuff anymore.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by DanHouck:
Respectfully!

I don't like the classified change at all.

Dan Houck

Well said! I feel the same way.

Dave

------------------

Watch HDTV!!! Nothing else comes close!

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
I agree completely. While it is nice to have things categorized, and still be able to view all categories, I liked to see who was interested in what.

I bought several items there in the past. But I was a frequent browser and able to give a heads up to someone who posted interest but lost out on a particular item. Without being able to see all the dialogue that is no longer possible.

------------------

Kirk Ellis

G1000 D-ILA, HTPC, Panamorph, Vutec 107x60 (16:9),

Dish 6000 (HBOHD,SHOHD,CBS,NBC,ABC,WB,FOX,UPN, KCET -- does it get any better ?)

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
I have to disagree just becasue I hate seeing everyone agree....

·
Registered
557 Posts
I'm afraid I have to agree. I bought and sold items on the old classified, but I'm just not as enthusiastic about the new system.

The fact that the old classified was just another forum made it feel familiar, comfortable, and safe. Not to mention that it was obvious how to post something for sale or ask a question. The sellers must now go through a different procedure to post something for sale, and get the same questions asked over and over, since their answers are not posted in the ad. I know the old classified had a few instances of innapropriate replies, such as someone pointing out how to easily get the same item cheaper elsewhere, but in general the old classified forum really worked.

People often want to take something good and make it even better, but I guess I'm a proponent of the philosophy "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Just my 2 cents.

Dave

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Old system keeps the seller honest as forum member will correct mistakes (honest or not) and keep prices more reasonable (seller may not know true worth of item). I rarely check classifieds any more as it's BORING. The number of clicks it takes is too much. Before I bookmarked classifieds and one click gives me a quick view of the most current items. Like others have said, this new format S*CKS.

------------------

Huey ;-]

·
Registered
590 Posts
The old classifieds: living, breathing, evolving.

The new classifieds: sterile.

I know the change was well intentioned, but not a day goes by that I don't feel nostalgic for that old, much more informative format.

Robin

·
Registered
366 Posts
I also have to agree with everyone else on this thread. The new classified area is horrible. I used to check the clasified everyday now I don't even bother. I just don't understand what it is they think is better about this new format.

Dennis

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
OK I prefer the old one too!!! I am also appreciative of this forum and the efforts made in its behalf.

Cameron

------------------

-- Well I have really blown my budget now. --

·
Registered
45 Posts
I used to check the classifieds on a daily basis. I have stopped my daily routine since the new format was introduced.

·
Premium Member
9,326 Posts
Thanks all for your comments. Sorry to say it will not be changing back at all for the other way gave us more issues than it was worth.

This thread will now be closed. Back to our schuled talk on Digital Projectors.

------------------
David Bott

AV Science/AVS Forum Admin
The Nate Home Theater
Join Us For HT Cruise 2002!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.