Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on Blu Ray?

sure we've got the Dirty Harry films and a few other but his huge library is really MIA

I'm a huge Clint fan and would love to upgrade

other than In the Line of Fire, I can't think of another non-WB Eastwood title on BD

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Clint is doing way, way better than most. But I agree the studios seem bound and determined to loose the momentum from Xmas.

·
Registered
307 Posts
would love to see heartbreak ridge come out...my favorite eastwood film.

·
Registered
894 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by meathead76 /forum/post/15579113

on Blu Ray?

sure we've got the Dirty Harry films and a few other but his huge library is really MIA

I'm a huge Clint fan and would love to upgrade

other than In the Line of Fire, I can't think of another non-WB Eastwood title on BD

There is The Gauntlet and Any Which Way But Loose, if I recall...

·
Registered
2,839 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvillain /forum/post/15579663

Clint is doing way, way better than most.

Exactly - he's not doing too badly with Dirty Harry 1-5, Every Which Way But Loose, The Gauntlet, Flags of Our Fathers, Letters From Iwo Jima, In the Line of Fire, Million Dollar Baby, Pale Rider, Space Cowboys and Unforgiven. Changeling is also set for mid-February and I assume Gran Torino is a lock for day-and-date at some point this year.

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
Most of his films are from Warner, really, except for some of the old westerns such as the Leone films and a few others like Play Misty for Me. Except for ITLOF, I think his last non-Warner film was Escape from Alcatraz, 30 years ago (although the WWII films Flags/Letters had split distribution with Paramount).

·
Banned
5,823 Posts
You can expect to see the Fistful of Dollars trilogy this year as it's the 45th Anniversary of the first one and i think there is a pretty good collection of Eastwood movies on Blu Ray with more to come this year.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I am a huge Eastwood fan. Would love to see The Outlaw Josey Wales, and The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly on Blu-ray. Also hope they release Gran Torino Blu-ray, when it comes out on DVD.

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Still want these Clint movies on Blu-Ray so hopefully they come out this year-

- Gran Torino

- Escape From Alcatraz

- The Good The Bad The Ugly

- Firefox

- Kelly's Heroes

- Where Eagles Dare

Off the top of my head.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts

Quote:
You can expect to see the Fistful of Dollars trilogy this year

They have been remastered and cleaned up and are out in Italy. From the screen grabs I have seen they look really good. I can't wait for them to get released here.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I'm still trying to catch up on what's already released. Rented the first three Dirty Harry's and they're top notch so I want that set, along with Pale Rider.

But I'm hoping for the Leone films eventually.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Some of those Clint Eastwood flicks run together for me...but The Good, The Bad and The Ugly would be a must-buy.

·
Registered
463 Posts
The Eiger Sanction, Thunderbolt & Lightfoot & Escape From Alcatraz would be the only absolutely must buys for me because the DVD's were all non anamorphic so would be a big step up in that respect.

·
Registered
185 Posts
How about the Beguiled

·
Registered
469 Posts
Fistful of Dollars has been released in Italy in an amazing package with replica lobby cards, script, etc. It is region free and has an English dub as well as English subs on the Italian language version.

As far as other releases, the studios are being slow about releasing ANY classic titles.

end of story.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.