AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cable company makes it manditory to use theire own selected hdtv tuner.

The annoying thing is, when switching channels i experience judder with the sound and picture, this is ok when switching standard channels, but when i go into hd channels,or interactive channels the screen judders with the audio for 3 seconds before changing, this is annoying as i would like the menu system to be smooth..

I have had 2 of the same boxes, same problem...my signal strength isnt usually that great either, its about 25%..i have 63db on my line.

The own branded hd tuner is made by philips, made excusivley for my cable company(in other words, its not available seperatley), any help would be apreciated!

Thanks

· Registered
7,918 Posts
I'm guessing you have the box set to change output resolutions when switching from SD to HD channels, if that's the case, the "judder" is your TV resyncing on the new resolution. Only way to stop that is to set the cable box to a fixed output resolution.

· Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The box does this when switching via a scart connection, it only happens on the interactive channels/hd channels, it also doesnt display info 100 percent of the time for the programs..i hate my cable company, you cant use ci cards with there nagravision 2 encryption..neither can you buy another receiver..surprisngly its made by philips but is re branded by my cable company.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.