AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a JVC Everio GZ-HD5U, recently purchased. I was wondering if it is acceptable to reload downloaded files back into the Camcorder to use the Camcorder as an HD player? Thanks.

·
Registered
452 Posts
What does the manual say? Some manufacturers include the re-load as a feature of their supplied software, but often the owners want to use different editor. AVCHD has a specific folder structure that must be maintained when archiving. If you remove the raw video footage from this structure the camcorder won't play it back, it may not even find it.

Here is a Wikipedia reference of Canon and Panasonic folder structure.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._structure.jpg

I've successfully loaded an edited video file back onto my Panny SD-9, but I had to use Panny's HDWRiter software to accomplish that.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by elifino /forum/post/16922273

What does the manual say? Some manufacturers include the re-load as a feature of their supplied software, but often the owners want to use different editor. AVCHD has a specific folder structure that must be maintained when archiving. If you remove the raw video footage from this structure the camcorder won't play it back, it may not even find it.

Here is a Wikipedia reference of Canon and Panasonic folder structure.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._structure.jpg

I've successfully loaded an edited video file back onto my Panny SD-9, but I had to use Panny's HDWRiter software to accomplish that.

Upon further research of manual, and using the JVC site and your advice, it appears there is a way of doing this by using a program that converts the files in the computer to TPD files and then these are reloaded into a special folder in the camcorder. Thanks.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I have copied files from my Sony SR11 to my PC, edited the files in Sony Vegas and then copied the rendered m2ts file back to the SR11 for play on a flatscreen using the SR11's mini-HDMI out. You might have problems with large files (over 2 GB).

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by August1991 /forum/post/16925701

I have copied files from my Sony SR11 to my PC, edited the files in Sony Vegas and then copied the rendered m2ts file back to the SR11 for play on a flatscreen using the SR11's mini-HDMI out. You might have problems with large files (over 2 GB).

Yes I tried it last night, and the files are converted ,with a program that came with the camera,(in the computer), to MPEG 2 TS files in HD, which then can be loaded back into the camcorder , the same as with your Sony. Thanks.

·
Registered
297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralarcon /forum/post/16926093

Yes I tried it last night, and the files are converted ,with a program that came with the camera,(in the computer), to MPEG 2 TS files in HD, which then can be loaded back into the camcorder , the same as with your Sony. Thanks.

I can't speak about JVC but just to clarify, I was transferring m2ts (mpeg 4, avchd) files from and to my SR11. I then used the SR11 to play these edited m2ts files on a Samsung 1920x1080 screen through a 5.1 sound system.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by August1991 /forum/post/16930965

I can't speak about JVC but just to clarify, I was transferring m2ts (mpeg 4, avchd) files from and to my SR11. I then used the SR11 to play these edited m2ts files on a Samsung 1920x1080 screen through a 5.1 sound system.

I see ; apparently with JVC , *.Tod raw files get processed into *MPEG 2 files which then can be reloaded into a special file, 4 Gigs at a time, so they can be displayed through HDMI at 1920- 1080i which the camcorder then up-converts to 1080P. I'm certainly not an expert, but I think in good lighting , the images look sensational. Of course there are varying opinions, if you look at what is written on the Net. For $ 385 + shipping it looks like a good value to me. Cheers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts