AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on adding a blu ray or hd dvd drive to my HTPC in the future. If i purchase an HDCP compliant video card that has DVI out, is it posible for the HDCP to get lost if I use a DVI to HDMI converter to hook my PC up to my projector? I really have no way of testing this out cause i don't have blu ray or HD dvd in my PC right now, but was wondering if anyone knew if something like that is posible?

·
Registered
182 Posts
I would like to know that too. I just bought a 7950GT w/DVI - it better work!

BUMP

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
As long as the card is HDCP compliant and is an NVidia card, you are fine. Having an actual HDMI port in not a requirement. I have an 8800 GTX and an 8800 GTS, Both work perfectly for HDMI and HDCP.

There have been a number of reports of ATI cards that were supposed to be HDCP compliant not working with PowerDVD for HD. Hardware assist not working properly, etc.

Vern

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have an XFX 7950GT card connected to my TV. It's DVI out from the card into a DVI/HDMI connector and HDMI cable into the TV.

I know HDCP is being passed, since I am watching HD DVD fine. I am using the Xbox 360 add-on drive and PowerDVD 7.1.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.