AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cousin sent me some video files of her wedding and I want to put them on a DVD but I don't know how and everyone I ask suggests options that don't look kosher.

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Video files? Do you mean a VHS videotape, or did she send them on..what?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Yes, it is possible. You need some hardware to transfer your movies from VHS to your computer, then you simply burn the movies onto a DVD.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Are the videos on a VHS? Then you need either the above suggestion or a VHS to DVD recorder, which can be bought at Best Buy or the like.

If you have them on your computer already, all you need is DVD burning software (like Roxio or something else), a DVD burner, and a blank DVD.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Or, connect a VCR to a DVD Recorder input and record from that input while the VHS tape plays. It's really very simple.

·
Registered
4,747 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborger /forum/post/18270764

My cousin sent me some video files of her wedding and I want to put them on a DVD but I don't know how and everyone I ask suggests options that don't look kosher.

To agree with everyone else. In what format are these "video files?" It is imperitive that we know this in order to offer any valuable suggestions.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborger /forum/post/18270764

We're still in suspense until we find out what you mean by "video files."

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
If you put your cousin's wedding on a DVD, don't put it in a DVD player, or the cake will mess up the player...

·
Registered
116 Posts
This reminds me of when I recorded my niece's wedding a few years ago. I recorded it on 8mm and transferred it to DVD and VHS. During the reception I was recording while doing the train dance and when we went past a rest room I decided I needed to relieve myself. Naturally, as I was doing my business I forgot to shut off the camcorder. When I edited the tape, did I remove this scene? Of course not.

Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts