AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am no longer using my BG808s so I put it up for sale on the classifieds.

People are apparently afraid of it because it's chassis run time counter is showing 24k hours. That has never been any concern for me because I've had it for two years and it has worked perfectly during that time and makes a beautiful picture. I never noticed any phosphor wear in the image so I never bothered to look at the tube faces. Well just out of plain old curiosity tonight I decided to remove the lens from the green CRT and take a look (and take a photo which you see below). I have no idea how many hours are on these tubes but wouldn't this indicate that either they have been replaced OR the thing must have idled for most of it's on time?

p.s. the circular shaped rings of light you see at the corners of the tube face are just a reflection of the lens ring.

Bob Wood

http://members.cox.net/xanadu/CRT.JPG

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Bob

I have pretty much stopped telling people to check the hours, as this can be totally misleading. Like you said it can be on standby forever or it could have been retubed.

I would pay more for that PJ then one with only 1,000 hours and showing some burn.

Deron

·
Registered
411 Posts
I agree, I would not list the hours and disclose them only if someone asks. High hours frighten people. If you can attach a picture link of the 3 CRT's, they can see they are in excellent shape. You should have no problem selling that projector. Good Luck....Steve.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
With most electronics, it is probably better than they are running most of the time...it keeps them working reliably...I have seen many a piece of electronics fail after a long self life.

If it's up and running, it's well oiled :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.