AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning.

Is it possible to add a Blue Ray DVD player to my Samsung HT-X70 HTIB and still use the 5.1 sound from the HTIB? I was thinking about purchasing the Samsung BDC6500.

I have the following components:

Samsung HP-T4254 Plasma TV

Samsung HT-X70 HTIP (upconverting 5 disc dvd)

Motorola HD DVR

My current configuration is as follow:

HT-X70 HTIB: HDMI output jack is connected to Samsung HPT-4254 HDMI input jack.

Motorola DVR: HDMI output jack is connected to Samsung HPT-4254 HDMI input jack.

Motorola DVR: Optical cable output jack connected to HTX-70 HTIB optical cable input jack.

The HT-X70 has (1) HDMI input jack available and I am not currently using it.

Thank you.

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
If it has an HDMI in, I see no reason why it shouldn't work.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your reply.

A friend of mine suggested that instead of buying a Blue Ray player, that I buy a PS3, because it has both Blu Ray and gaming. I don't currently have any real desire for gaming, but he said it was the best Blue Ray player. Your thoughts?

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
I think that's a stretch to call it the "best" player, but it's a capable player. And it does some neat streaming stuff, but so do other players.

At one time, it might have been the best because it was actually the cheapest (other players were well over its initial price tag) but that's no longer true. If you don't game, I'd go for a cheaper Panasonic or Sony or whatever name brand is available over there. They'll work every bit as good as the PS3.

Then again, I don't know what's available and at what price.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you again for your help.

I was just about to pull the trigger on the Samsung BDC6500 @ $139, when my friend suggested the PS3. I just checked today and the BDC6500 price has gone back up to $199.

I am now kicking myself for even considering the PS3.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts