AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just wondering if under any hardware/software setup has anyone in the forum been able to:

1. Pass-through SPDIF dd/dts to an External AV Receiver AND simultaneously

2.Downmix the 5.1 dd/dts sound to 2ch stereo and output it to PC line out or Speaker out connection.

I use a gigabyte motherboard with a Realtec ALC650 codec which can either perfectly pass SPDIF dd/dts to my external receiver with Win DVD platinum or downmix them to 2 ch stereo and output them to my line out connection.... BUT NOT BOTH AT THE SAME TIME!!!

I think that WinDVD must be the problem as it disables analog output if you select SPDIF out in the audio menu

Is there a way to have them both in this setup (Realtec alc650/Windvd platinum)?????

Is there anyone else who has tried it in other setup and it worked???

I would appreciate any help given.......

·
Registered
134 Posts
Usually you can select one or the other but never both at that same time (well never seen the option for anyway).

Why don't you use your receiver line out? Most offer pre-out for all channel and/or stereo line out too.

Also why would you want to have both downmixed and full bitstream at the same time? I don't get it.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gozer I use as a second display my TV (ATI AIW 8500) which is a clone of the primary (Sony HS10) display in theater mode. This is a clear Macrovision free S-video signal.....Ok I just want to make an (analog) copy of the DVDs while I am watching them...to a Panasonic S video VHS recorder. The problem is that if I choose spdif out the video receives no audio. The only way is to compromise sound by choosing analog from the start.....but by doing so DD/DTS are lost for the sake of audio output to the video. You idea is clever provided that my Sony STRDB does the transformation.. I should check it tonight....

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Most receivers usually have a tape out or the ability to listen to a source and feed it out the analog tape output. This would probably be your best choice since your receiver is doing the dd decoding and should be able to downmix the output for your VCR.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.