AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to be able to use my Astro A50 at night or during some competitive gaming via optical from xb1 and ps4 to the mix amp for the Astros but listen to audio from my 5.1 set up via HDMI when not using the headset.

I dont want to use optical for home theater set up as it does not provide uncompressed 5.1 pcm

·
Registered
3,346 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJPapi1977  /t/1522224/is-it-possible-to-connec...und-via-optical-to-my-astro-a50#post_24472967

I want to be able to use my Astro A50 at night or during some competitive gaming via optical from xb1 and ps4 to the mix amp for the Astros but listen to audio from my 5.1 set up via HDMI when not using the headset.

I dont want to use optical for home theater set up as it does not provide uncompressed 5.1 pcm

Run the optical in to the Astro mixamp, and leave the HDMI to the AVR. At night, just mute your AVR. This is my exact set-up. When I watch TV or a movie, the HDMI sound is used.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobieck1  /t/1522224/is-it-possible-to-connec...und-via-optical-to-my-astro-a50#post_24473379

Run the optical in to the Astro mixamp, and leave the HDMI to the AVR. At night, just mute your AVR. This is my exact set-up. When I watch TV or a movie, the HDMI sound is used.

Do I have to set up anything in the xb1 settings or ps4 settings when using the headset compared to hdmi via my 5.1 set up

Meaning can I leave HDMI Audio 5.1 on xb1 and optical bitstreamed at 5.1

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Yes, on the XBOX ONE there are separate audio settings for HDMI Audio and Optical Audio. Don't have a PS4 so I don't know. I just got the update last night and changed my settings for my Astros.

Reactions: NJPapi1977
1 - 4 of 4 Posts