AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's pretty sad that in order to get HTPC control you would need to buy the Sony BDP-CX7000ES (which is about 3x the cost of the CX960). Has anybody figured out a way to control the CX960 (USB, Ethernet perhaps)?

·
Registered
7,690 Posts
Not sure about the sony but I did see a 100 disc changer the other day on hd nation, that integrates with windows media center. Sorry dont remember the name. It wasnt a major brand I dont think.

·
Registered
148 Posts
There's always the "Old Way" with IR blasters and MainLobby.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobyken /forum/post/18277600

There's always the "Old Way" with IR blasters and MainLobby.

Please describe with more detail. Thanks.

·
Registered
148 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrin /forum/post/18277717

Please describe with more detail. Thanks.

Mainlobby is a client server app that also has (extra cost) a DVD database called DVDLobby. It's similar to MyMovies but also allows you to enter in changer info such as changer number (in case you have multiple jukeboxes) and slot number. When the client application selects a movie a command is sent to the server which in turns runs a macro that will send serial or IR commands to the Jukebox. Such as

PowerON

Wait 5 sec

Load Slot 230

Wait 10 Sec

Play

I used it for a few years with my Sony 985V and only quit using it when I ripped all my DVD's to hard drives. If I ever got a BR jukebox I would need it again as it would take way too much disk space to store that many disks.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So you would have to enter each slot info/number manually? I run mymovies 3 and wish I could just have it see the changer like it does with my other Sony firewire dvd changer. Oh well.

·
Registered
148 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrin /forum/post/18278786

So you would have to enter each slot info/number manually? I run mymovies 3 and wish I could just have it see the changer like it does with my other Sony firewire dvd changer. Oh well.

The way it works is you type in the movie name then it looks for matches online. Click OK on the title and it pulls down the info and graphics. You then have to enter in the jukebox slot which takes a few seconds. I think I had about 200 DVD's when I first got my Juke so it took a few hours to get them all loaded.

The firewire changer is built as a PC device and appears just like another dvd drive whereas the Jukebox is a DVD player. When they first came out with the DVD jukes there were 2 models. One had a serial port that could control it and the other was only controllable with IR and it appears they've done the same thing with the BluRay drives.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts