AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the great BB deal on the 42" Panasonic before Christmas, but have been unable to come up with a place to mount it in my bedroom. I would love to be able to mount it in a corner as that would allow me the best viewing angle from most of the room. Is there any way to do this? I would love it to be able to tilt up/down and articulate as well, but it's not mandatory. I would appreciate any help. Thanks!

Marie

·
Premium Member
18,327 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BasketChick /forum/post/0

I got the great BB deal on the 42" Panasonic before Christmas, but have been unable to come up with a place to mount it in my bedroom. I would love to be able to mount it in a corner as that would allow me the best viewing angle from most of the room. Is there any way to do this? I would love it to be able to tilt up/down and articulate as well, but it's not mandatory. I would appreciate any help. Thanks! Marie

You can simply mount it on an articulating arm wall mount, bolted to one wall or the other just off the corner. Many people have done this, sometimes they bolt it fairly close to the corner, or mount it on one wall further away from the corner and just swing it all the way over when they want it more towards the corner. An articulating arm gives you a lot more flexibility in mounting and viewing angles.

·
Registered
49 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters /forum/post/0

You can simply mount it on an articulating arm wall mount, bolted to one wall or the other just off the corner. Many people have done this, sometimes they bolt it fairly close to the corner, or mount it on one wall further away from the corner and just swing it all the way over when they want it more towards the corner. An articulating arm gives you a lot more flexibility in mounting and viewing angles.

Tell me more about this arm and where I can get a good one.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,001 Posts
Like everyone mentioned, I have not heard of corner mount in production, however, an articulating mount should be perfect solution. I would recommend, OmniMount, Sanus, Peerless, Cheif, or Premeire Mounts. Either one of these companies should be perfect for your application.

Cree

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by why2not /forum/post/0

Another option is to build a sturdy corner shelf & set it on the shelf with a typical "desk" stand.

I did consider that. However, it will be mounted over a corner fireplace with a mantel and in the end I decided it would look rather odd aesthetically speaking.

When I look up articulating mounts, I see ones that seem to have shorter one piece arms and some with long 2-piece cantilevered arms and some "strange" looking ones (Chief). Which ones would be best with a corner mount that could still be articulated out and tilt down when needed? Sorry for the newbie questions!

Marie

·
Registered
5,001 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BasketChick /forum/post/0

I did consider that. However, it will be mounted over a corner fireplace with a mantel and in the end I decided it would look rather odd aesthetically speaking.

When I look up articulating mounts, I see ones that seem to have shorter one piece arms and some with long 2-piece cantilevered arms and some "strange" looking ones (Chief). Which ones would be best with a corner mount that could still be articulated out and tilt down when needed? Sorry for the newbie questions!

Marie

Another possibility to overcome the corner installation is going with a ceiling mount. A ceiling mount hangs the flat-panel from the ceiling. It depends on the look you are going for.

However, I would recommend any of the brands I suggested. For one, yes you will pay more for less expensive, non-name brands, but well-known brands have been trusted and widely used within the industry. Also look at how far the articulating/swing out mounts tilt from side to side. Typically you will have anywhere from 5 degrees to 15 degrees laterally.

Cree

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Build a brace in the corner to which you can attach a standard flat wall mount.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.