AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a MyHD capture card, but the manual is not very comprehensive. Once I have captured a TS file, how do I edit it to remove comercials?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Use hdtvtompeg2 v1.10. You can use that to do clip management (cut out commercials, etc). Don't try converting it to a different format with that version though. It is pretty easy to use.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried HDTVtoMPEG2. I'm at the point in the application where the only option available is to "Convert" the TS file to MPEG2. There is no preview button, no preview screen. The only option available is to push the convert button. This is not what I want to do, I want to leave the file in it's original format, I just want to edit out the commercials, and any unacceptable material. Any experienced MyHD users?

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
In version 1.10, if you set the output format to "Transport Stream", the "Convert" button doesn't actually convert the format to MPEG and then back to transport stream. It just does the edits while remaining in transport stream format all the way through.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Do a search for hdtvtompeg2 on google. Use 1.09 if you want to convert something. 1.10 if you want to edit a clip. Just like I said the first time.

"Any experienced MyHD users?" bah...

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Had,

I did a search for HDTVtoMPEG2, and the newest version I could find was 1.07, so I gave it a try. I later found v1.10 here on the Forum. Having seen v1.10 your post makes perfect sense.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.