AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to find companies in the United States or other countries that rebuilds CRT TV picture tubes as they get old to keep them going for more decades to come. Early Television Museum Might be able to rebuild old and antique TV's in the near future. As our CRT TV's get old, including CRT arcade monitors. Is there a way to send these CRT TV's and CRT Arcade Monitors to companies that rebuilds these TV's and monitors in the United States or other Countries like China?

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can a bad CRT TV picture tube, bad CRT arcade monitor, or bad apple 2 CRT monitor be rebuilt and last for many decades to come after these monitors and televisions are rebuild.

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
9,828 Posts
Video Display Corp is my resource for projection tubes. For direct views I don't know.

Mr Bob

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Reactions: GrouchoFan

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
"Is it possible to find companies that rebuild old and antique CRT TV Picture Tubes in the future."

No, only possible in the present at this time. Call Albert Einstein for further details. :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Chris,

this is Christian from Cologne, Germany. I'm a conservator for media art and together with a television technician we are in the progress to reestablish a workshop for real tube rebuilds. We still have several thousands of systems in stock and can rebuild color as well as monochrome tubes. When rebuilding a tube, there's the possibility to embed twice or more (depending on the tube size) getter material as usual, which makes this crucial component very long lasting (25-35 years).

We primarily do this for museums, which place high demands on the quality and longevity of CRTs.

Please feel free to contact me, if you have any interest in our work.

Best regards,
Christian

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Can a bad CRT TV picture tube, bad CRT arcade monitor, or bad apple 2 CRT monitor be rebuilt and last for many decades to come after these monitors and televisions are rebuild.

Thanks,

Chris
If you're still around, someone just posted to you with the ability to rebuild the tubes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts