Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All owners of i.link-equipped AVRs and Pre/Pro,

Could you tell me what AVR/prepro you have and if you can force it to always do DSD/PCM conversion for SACD over i.link even though there is NO post-processing engaged?

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovation
It's my understanding that ALL iLink AVR/pre-pros do a DSD>PCM conversion regardless of any post processing.
I hope you are right for most of i.link receivers. However, I believe that Denon 5805, probably 4806 as well, and Marantz SR9600 can be configured to do DSD pass-through only with speaker location delay. I am not sure about others, though.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
With the Pioneer i.Link AVR's it is selectable (At least with the 55TXi and 56TXi models). The default is DSD>PCM. However you can also Proccess DSD direct if you choose!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just figured that Pioneer 59TXi would do that because the DACs used in the box can't accept DSD. But I am afraid DACs used in other AVRs such as 55TXi/56TXi, V4600/Z9, NR1000/DTR10.5/RDC7.1 can accept both DSD and PCM, so can't figure out easily.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by avaholic
With the Pioneer i.Link AVR's it is selectable (At least with the 55TXi and 56TXi models). The default is DSD>PCM. However you can also Proccess DSD direct if you choose!
Thank you for your great information! :)

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Happy to help!

I'm betting the new 74TXVi will be similar to the 55TXi/56TXi in this regard too.

Best Regards,

Patrick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.