AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBusiness /forum/post/19651841

I would like to output video in our conference room wireless from a laptop. Is there a method to do this yet?

Bluetooth bandwidth limited, up to 3mbps i believe. There are many solutions out to carry video signals wireless.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytoronto /forum/post/19655067

Bluetooth bandwidth limited, up to 3mbps i believe. There are many solutions out to carry video signals wireless.

Any that work without needing to be plugged in to the computer? Or, is there one that draws power off of USB, so no need to plug in to an outlet?

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Intel has their "WiDi" solution, and there are a few others. A dongle for the laptop, and a receiver box at the TV. Doesn't support 1080p though; I think it's limited to 720p in its current version. 1080p is planned for next year IIRC.

If the TV has a network connection and supports DLNA, any Windows 7 machine can push media to the TV using "Play To".

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Exactly my thought. There are lots of way to stream video over Wi-Fi. No additional hardware needed on laptop. All you need is a head-end attached to the TV. It could be as cheap as a $60 WD Live for streaming video. Or as sophisticated as a PC running a display mirroring software.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by spivonious /forum/post/19659432

Intel has their "WiDi" solution, and there are a few others. A dongle for the laptop, and a receiver box at the TV. Doesn't support 1080p though; I think it's limited to 720p in its current version. 1080p is planned for next year IIRC.

If the TV has a network connection and supports DLNA, any Windows 7 machine can push media to the TV using "Play To".

Looking in to this WiDi now, forwarded it to our "IT" guy to see if our new laptops can do this (we just got them a few months ago, and they have new i5 processors).

This would be the ideal way to do it, 1080p would be nice since we will be upgrading our displays to that resolution over the next 12 months.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.